PAF Summer Student Job Opportunity 2019
Communications and Graphic Design position
Start Date: July 2, 2019
Application Deadline: Wednesday June 19, 2019, 5pm
Number of weeks: 8
Hourly Wage: $12.50
Hours a Week: 30
PAF is looking for an enthusiastic person in post‐secondary education to work with PAF artists on communications structures and event design this summer. The applicant works with a mentor and a team from PAF to support stepping through the tasks and receiving training where necessary.
Creating contact lists in Excel and in email. Designing and creating a Mailchimp newsletter with a sign up option for the website to build our database, implementing changes to administrative structures, creating poster design for various project in our programming for the fall. Creating an online calendar and bookings layout for renting spaces at PAF.
The participant will have support and learn how to build a resume or portfolio of work experience in administration, and of graphic design work. Mentoring will provide guidance in how a public profile is created and maintained.
Your own transportation is recommended though not mandatory. Having a phone and laptop are recommended.
Our organization focuses on community groups and while open to all applicants in the age group of 18 ‐ 30, will give a priority to Indigenous peoples and to residents of the Quebec Pontiac area.
WHO WE ARE
PAF , Place des artistes de Farrellton‐ Farrellton Atists’ Space coopérative de
solidarité is a non‐profit cooperative arts organization dedicated to the
production and development of Arts and Culture in the Outaouais and beyond. It supports this vision by offering affordable studio space and resources to professional artists, primarily in the visual arts. PAF has a second component, offering ongoing residencies, exhibitions, symposiums, presentations and workshops in the form of programming.
PAF is an Arts Organization in a rural setting, 15 minutes north of Wakefield QC, 45 minutes north of Gatineau. Around 20 local artists use studio space in a repurposed school building in Farrellton. The organization works with a board, a program director and sub committees.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Youth who are studying, or have studied post‐secondary in arts, commerce, graphic design, communications, marketing. Having an interest in contemporary arts, communities, museology and cultural events is an asset.
- A knowledge of email programs, Microsoft Word, Exel are required, Adobe Photoshop and/or Indesign, use of social media, Mailchimp is preferable. A positive attitude towards learning new software required. Ability to work in a larger network involving artists, its support network and the public.
- The participant is encouraged to develop his/her own voice and visuals within spoken language, email writing, text writing, illustrations or photography, graphic design.
- Responsibilities include an individual work attitude, following through on tasks, internal communications, leading external conversations for co‐op and data base inquiries.
- PAF is an Anglophone arts organization in a Bilingual environment. English in conversation and writing required, French in conversation and writing an asset.
Information: Iris Kiewiet 819 459 1131
Cover letter and resume to: info@paf‐fas.org